Terms of Reference
Overview and Role:
Each division within the Department of Medicine will have a divisional mentorship facilitator. The mentorship facilitator will be a senior, impartial, and trusted individual who will facilitate the mentee/mentor relationship within the division. The divisional facilitator may not necessarily belong to the division that he/she is the mentorship facilitator for. The role of the mentorship facilitator is to assist physicians-in-chief and department division directors in recommending and maintaining mentoring relationships for faculty members. The mentorship facilitator is the first point of contact for the establishment of new mentor/mentee pairings, and also the go-to person should any challenges arise within these relationships.
- Facilitate matching between mentees and mentors
- Provide support to mentors/mentees on their relationship
- Establish local system for documenting and tracking these pairs
- Be a point of contact for any issues that may arise
- Provide feedback to mentors and mentees as needed
- Collect data-process and outcome (e.g. are meetings taking place, what is covered in these meetings, satisfaction, problems, etc.)
- Attend mentoring seminars and workshops
- Attend regular department-wide meetings of all mentorship facilitators
We are accepting applications from full-time clinical faculty members for this role in several divisions. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
|Emergency Medicine||Joel Yapheemail@example.com|
|Endocrinology and Metabolism||Gillian Boothfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|General Internal Medicine||Ed Etchells||Edward.Etchells@sunnybrook.ca|
|Infectious Diseases||Sharon Walmsleyemail@example.com|
|Medical Oncology||Ron Burkes||Ron.Burkes@sinaihealthsystem.ca|
|Physical Medicine and Rehabiliatation||Nora Cullen||Nora.Cullen@westpark.org|
If your division is not listed above, please contact your Department Division Director for assistance related to Mentorship.